Co-Founder Global School Leaders
Education can be a powerful catalyst for societal change and is a critical input for every dimension of sustainable development. Over the last decades, countries around the world have made significant progress in expanding access to education. The newly adopted global education agenda (SDG4) has set even more ambitious targets concerning all levels of education and renewed focus on the quality of and relevance of learning. Yet, the education ecosystem is complex. It covers stages from early childhood education over primary and secondary education to lifelong learning, and draws upon organisations setting curricula, assessment, teacher training and school leadership and management. Funding from philanthropy over corporate funding to impact investing plays an important role in addressing these areas. Some of the questions to answer in this session are:
- What makes early childhood, primary and secondary education successful?
- What kind of funding is required for these segments?
- Where are the gaps for funding today and how can these be closed?
Speakers in this session come from India, China and Indonesia and present local innovations.
- Insights into effectiveness at different education segments
- Funding landscape for the different elements in SE Asia, NE Asia and S Asia
- Gaps in the current funding landscape
- Opportunities for funding education
Chief Executive Officer Yidan Prize Foundation
VP & EA to CMD’s Secretariat Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd.
Founder & Managing Partner Kaizen Private Equity, Singapore
Country Head – Indonesia Tanoto Foundation
Deputy Director for Programme and Development SEAMEO Secretariat