Co-founder Spring Impact
The world has set 169 Sustainable Development targets to be met by 2030. One way of making progress is to invest strategically in what works. This session will explore how the potential of a solution-focussed approach which brings together successful innovators with investors to collaborate in spreading successful solutions. Two accomplished innovators and two social investors will together explore this idea from their different perspectives and the discussion will highlight the opportunities for venture philanthropy and social investment to contribute towards achieving the SDGs.
- Can we find ways to bring investors and philanthropists on the one hand and successful social entrepreneurs and innovators to develop solution-focussed ways for addressing the SDGs at scale?’
- Can we create strategic partnerships between philanthropy, venture and impact investment and business to collaborate and create a strategic focus for applying their resources for maximum impact?
- What support and help will the innovators and entrepreneurs need (including from international agencies and intermediary bodies such as AVPN) if they are to spread their work to achieve a much wider impact?
Share Your Insights in this Survey
In preparation for this session, speakers are:
1. Inviting those attending the AVPN Conference to participate in this discussion on how collaborations between innovators and investors might develop, and what we can all do to encourage and support these.
2. Asking a small group of innovators connected with AVPN to set out their thoughts and needs regarding the possibility of scaling their work more widely. Your responses will inform the session discussion. Participate in the survey here.