During the 4-day AVPN Conference, there will be a policy-specific perspective, with the theme of “Policy Innovations to Maximize Impact”. Participants can expect to hear from other policy practitioners and social investors about best practices and innovations in social economy policies as well as identify and engage with partners and stakeholders to help catalyse progress in their local context.
This year in Singapore, APF will be further integrated into the broader AVPN Conference. Instead of an annual programme separately designed for policymakers and advisors, separate from the AVPN Conference, we will build policy into the AVPN Conference’s core agenda so that policy is a constructive and critical stakeholder in the social investment ecosystem.
In addition to the Policy Showcase, a broad spectrum of policy perspectives will be raised during the conference sessions:
- Jharkhand state government on skills development in youth and marginalized communities – Skills Development for Sustainable Livelihoods in Asia
- Innovative finance to achieve gender equality in Asia – Accelerating Women’s Empowerment in Asia
- Global Green Growth Institute on enabling conditions for policy-private collaboration in financing climate action – Social Investment in Forest Conservation
- Indonesia policymakers on collaborations to grow micro-small-medium-enterprises – Financing the Missing Middle in SEA
- Education Ministers’ roles in transforming the education ecosystem – Building the Education Ecosystem
- Innovative partnerships between development/aid organisations and foundations/impact investors – Financing Multi-Sector Development Partnerships in Asia
- Regional government perspectives on cross-sector collaborative efforts to enhance employability – Investing in Sustainable Livelihoods Ecosystem (South Asia)
- Collaboration with local governments to nurture inclusive and sustainable cities – Investing in Sustainable and Inclusive Cities
Policy Showcase: June 5th – June 6th, Tuesday – Wednesday, 2.30pm – 4.30pm
Provide feedback directly to policy leaders championing policy innovations in their local markets. Hear from:
- Pan-Impact Korea presenting about blockchain and social impact bonds
- Expert feedback from the head of NESTA International Development Program
- Education policy innovations with the Government of Rajasthan, India
This is a by-invite only session. If you are interested in attending, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay for Success Model Workshop: June 7th, Thursday, 9:00am – 12:00pm
The Pay For Success (PFS) funding model has caught the interest of policymakers and funding community in Asia, leading to discussions on whether PFS can be adapted to the Asian context. This half-day workshop will leave participants with the why, what and how of deploying Pay For Success in Asia.
Roundtable: Unlocking Social Impact Investing in Asia Pacific: June 7th, Thursday, 9:00am – 1:00pm
The OECD has embarked on a Social Impact Investing (SII) initiative and broader work on Private Finance for Sustainable Development. The Roundtable seeks to convene a diverse group of important stakeholders for the social impact investment ecosystem in Asia, and explore the SII market developments in Asia and the role of public/private sector.